Thursday, May 6, 2010

Home Sweet Home

In late October, after stating on facebook how much I loved deicing, my good friend Ray called me up to see if I wanted my old job back at Integrated Deicing Services in Colorado Springs. I said yes, and three weeks later I was waving goodbye to Utah and saying “hello again” to Colorado. Ahh, back in the real promised land! :)


It is now May, and deicing is pretty much over (though we did spray 13 planes on May 2!) and so I am now working at Frontier Airlines out on the ramp. And I still love it!!! There are many times I think I should get a real job, but so far I just can’t bring myself to trade the outdoors and freedom for a desk. The airlines are in my blood, as is Colorado and the COS airport. So basically what I’m saying is...I’m home!


2 comments:

  1. Shelly, I love your blog. I laughed out loud reading the first sentence to "Manly Men." I know a few WoW junkies.

    You really can't beat the benefits of working for an airline. Free travel, hellou! Your profile pic. is beautiful, and I'm so glad we keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katy! I love your blog too. You're an awesome writer!

    Btw, the sister married to Mr. Sensitive is little (young) Malinda. Thankfully, Renee married a great guy the whole family loves. And Brent finally broke up with his manly girlfriend. He's currently dating a girl with much less testosterone than himself. :)

    I do want to use those good flight benefits to visit friends...and you're on that list! So one of these days....

    ReplyDelete